Ylang Ylang is a very well known fragrant flower that has been used for many years as a popular ingredient for many perfumes. However, for many years, the amazing healing benefits of the oil were very seldom known.
Ylang Ylang provides release from feelings of depression and anxiety, while relaxing the body and soul and inducing feelings of joy. The oil is also one of the best aphrodisiacs, as it induces feelings of warmth and sensuality.
There are many different types of Ylang Ylang oils, as you may see Ylang Ylang I, II, III, and Extra. The roman numerals next to the oil represent the grade of the oil. Ylang Ylang Extra is the first distillation of the flowers. Each grade after is from the next layers of distillation. Being the very top layer of Essential Oil, Ylang Ylang Extra is truly the most potent and therapeutic of the different grades.
– Botanical Name: Cananga Odorata
– Botanical Family: Annonaceae
– Derived From: Flower Petals
– Origin: Comoros Islands
– Method of Extraction: Steam Distilled
– Aroma: Floral, Sweet, Fresh, Rich, and Sensual
– Physical Description: Light Yellow to Clear Liquid, Thin Consistency
– Reiki Charged: All of the essential oils offered by Miracle Botanicals are Reiki charged by Hope Johnson. The Ylang Ylang essential oil is reiki charged with intent to inspire creativity, relieve emotional disorders, and allow acceptance into one’s personal experience!
– Emotions: Ylang Ylang essential oil is one of the oldest known anti-depressants. The oil assists with anxiety, sadness, and nervous tension, by uplifting the mood and inducing feelings of excitement, joy, happiness, and hopefullness. Ylang Ylang is also a wonderful aphrodisiac. The oil may be used for lack of libido, frigidity, and issues with releasing stress. The oil also works for calming and balancing the emotions during times of high stress, crisis, tension, or depression. The oil allows one’s mind to be at ease when there is tension with others, as it softens one’s mental beliefs and allows calmness of the mind and body, by opening the heart to love and acceptance.
– Skincare: Ylang Ylang can be used in skincare remedies, as its properties include cell regeneration. The oil induces production of sebum in the skin, deeming it suitable for oily skin, dry skin, cracked skin, and mature skin. Due to the production of sebum, the oil also works well for Seborrhoeic eczema. Seborrhoeic eczema is a disease in which there is irregular production of sebum in the sebaceous glands, causing frequent infections of the epidermal skin cells. Ylang Ylang essential oil can be used for this disease, as when used regularly, it will assist with regularizing the sebum production and reduce facial peeling.
– Physical: Ylang Ylang essential oil is an effective anti-septic and can be used on any cut or wound to inhibit growth of bacterial infections. As the oil is very calming to the emotions, it also helps calm the body, as it is an effective agent for lowering high blood pressure. Ylang Ylang is also a protector of the body’s nervous system, as it reverses any nerve damage, reduces stress and protects the nerves, and strengthens the entire nervous system. Ylang Ylang essential oil contains a high amount of sesquiterpenes, a class of organic compounds found mostly in plants. These compounds stimulate the liver and endocrine glands, giving the oil its antispasmodic and sedative properties. These properties allow to oil to be calming, healing, relaxing, and euphoric to the mind and body!
– Spiritual: Ylang Ylang helps to harmonize masculine and feminine energies and can help one integrate the healing elements of the Divine Feminine. Ylang Ylang is a very effective oil on the heart and throat chakras, as it instills insight and clear vision, allowing acceptance and faith to flow through the heart and mind. The oil provides relief from gripping to held beliefs and speaking only your Inner Truth. Through this, one is able to flow through high-tension situation with ease, harmony, and peace.
– First Chakra: Root Chakra – Ylang Ylang assists in the 1st chakra by relieving feelings of depression, anxiety, and fear caused by feelings of isolation from others.
– Second Chakra: Sacral Chakra – In the sacral chakra, ylang ylang assists with menstrual cramps. The oil is also one the most effective aphrodisiacs, which assists with impotence or lack of sexual drive in the sacral chakra region.
– Third Chakra: Solar Plexus Chakra – In the solar plexus chakra, ylang ylang helps release tension on the adrenal glands by lessening nervous tension.
– Fourth Chakra: Heart Chakra – Ylang Ylang boosts the heart chakra by balancing love of self and others. Ylang Ylang also eases heartache and calms the circulatory system when there is tightness.
– Fifth Chakra: Throat Chakra – Ylang Ylang helps support inner strength and fortitude, allowing opening of the throat chakra.
– Seventh Chakra: Crown Chakra – For the seventh chakra, Ylang Ylang serves as a high frequency oil, which quiets the mind and aids in meditiation.
– Physical Flower: Yellow
– Oil: Clear with Yellow Tinge
– Etheric: Gold, Magenta, Green, and Purple
Methods of Usage:
– Neat: Place a drop or two directly onto clean and intact skin. A couple drops on the wrists, shoulders, temples or neck imparts a strong woodsy and honey-like aroma. Note: This oil should not be used undiluted on facial skin!
– Blended with Carrier: Use 5 drops per 1 TBL of carrier oil such as grapeseed, rosehip, jojoba or hazelnut oils, and massage over any area where you would like for healing to occur.
– Bath: Place 8 drops into 3 handfuls of bath salt and disperse, or add 8 drops to vodka or whole milk and disperse.
– Shower: Soak for at least 3 minutes in steamy shower, then with the water off or turned away from the body, allow 5-7 drops to fall in the palm of the hand and distribute all over wet body (not face). The oil will penetrate very quickly, and the body can be rinsed again, or not.
– Diffusor: Follow diffusor manufacturer’s instructions, but typically add about 8 drops.
– Room Deodorizer: Add 15 drops per 2oz distilled water and spray as desired.