Throughout history, frankincense has been used to treat every disease and sickness known to man. Since it was so healing to many people, frankincense oils and resins were considered to be worth more than gold.
For over 5,000 years, frankincense was burned in many religious temples throughout China, India, and Egypt. However, the Catholic and Jewish churches still burn frankincense incense during mass and ceremonies, as it is thought that the smoke of frankincense carries prayers to heaven.
In India, frankincense would be used in religious and yogic practices to deepen the breath and still the mind, allowing for ease in meditation. The Egyptians would use frankincense as an offering to their gods and to purify the sick by banishing “evil spirits.” Egyptians also used frankincense as a main ingredient in a rejuvenating face mask, which was mostly given to the royal family.
Frankincense is known to stimulate the solar plexus chakra and instilling abilities to adapt, by enhancing inner strength and confidence.
Today, frankincense is widely used in aromatherapy, as it has many healing properties and has the most astounding effect on the nervous system. Frankincense is used many different ways to calm and soothe the mind and body, ease aches and pains, and clear the lungs and chest.
Frankincense essential oil is an extremely effective spiritual and healing oil and best assists one when it is solvent free and reiki charged!
– Botanical Name: Boswellia Neglecta
– Botanical Family: Burseraceae
– Derived From: Resin from the Frankincense Tree
– Origin: Kenya
– Method of Extraction: Steam Distilled from the Resin
– Aroma: Woodsy, Warm, Spicy, Citrus-hint
– Physical Description: Yellow liquid with thin consistency
– Reiki Charged: All of the essential oils offered by Miracle Botanicals are Reiki charged by Hope Johnson. The Frankincense essential oil is charged with intent to uplift spirits, increase meditation, and strengthen the nervous system.
Frankincense essential oil is derived from the sap of the Frankincense tree, or Olibanum. When the tree is pierced, it exudes a milky white sap that hardens into droplets of resin known as Frankincense.
– Emotions: Frankincense essential oil contains sesquiterpenes, a class of terpenes naturally found in plants and insects as pheromones. Sesquiterpenes in the oil contribute heavily to balancing emotions and hormones and increasing oxygen around the pineal and pituitary gland, allowing these emotion-regulating glands to function properly. Sesquiterpenes also have the ability to go beyond the blood brain barrier, inducing increased oxygen to the brain, causing more balanced hormones. When the hormones in the body are more balanced, uplifted emotions are encouraged. Frankincense essential oil is also an excellent anti-depressant, which instills courage, spirituality, and stimulates the solar plexus chakra. The oil also induces feelings of mental peace, relaxation, and satisfaction. As a result, frankincense oil assists with anxiety, anger, and stress, turning depression into bliss!
– Skincare: Frankincense essential oil is extremely rejuvenating for the skin, hence why the Ancient Egyptians used it for rejuvenating facial masks. The sesquiterpenes contained in the oil also contribute to the oil’s beneficial skin healing properties including: anti-septic, anti-inflammatory, and soothing inflamed tissue. Frankincense oil also balances oily and dry skin and improves the skin’s tone and texture. The oil will also encourage healing of acne, sores, and blemishes. Frankincense reduces appearance of scars, stretch marks, and age spots, due to stimulation of skin cell growth.
– Physical: Frankincense may be used for abrasions, inflammation, cleaning agent, cirrhosis of the liver, colds, coughs, diarrhea, influenza, arthritis, sedative, and healing wounds. The oil can also be used on the respiratory tract, as it clears the lungs and helps to deepen the breathe, clear asthma, bronchitis, and laryngitis. Frankincense also assists with many bodily aches and pains. Many women have used the oil to ease heavy periods and to aid the uterus, by calming one during labor. As a result of the emotional indication of balancing hormones, the immune system is strengthened, allowing for optimal health and well-being!
– Spiritual: Frankincense has been used for many spiritual benefits including: blessings, courage, meditation, protection, purification, spirituality, and balancing of the solar plexus chakra. Frankincense assists with awakening insight, by heightening awareness of spiritual realms not known in the physical. Frankincense was used by many cultures as offerings to spiritual deities, including in Christianity, frankincense was one of the gifts given to baby Jesus by the three wise men.
– First Chakra: Root Chakra – Frankincense helps to disconnect from feelings of fear, depression, and isolation, a result of first chakra imbalance.
– Second Chakra: Sacral Chakra – Frankincense helps to rid of “evil spirits” (low frequency thoughts), or negativity, from one that has feelings of low self-esteem.
– Third Chakra: Solar Plexus Chakra – Frankincense assists in the third chakra with emotional balancing as well as the release of anxiety and stress
– Fourth Chakra: Heart Chakra – Frankincense helps to balance and calm the respiratory system, allowing ease in the flow of energy for the heart chakra.
– Fifth Chakra: Throat Chakra – Frankincense helps to support inner power and strength. It also assists with the hearing of Divine wisdom. These are all done through the balance of emotions in the emotional glands, as well as the release of fear related energies. Frankincense also helps to soothe a sore throat, allowing for clear communication and release of the throat chakra.
– Sixth: Third Eye – Frankincense is used for meditation, in order to come out of unconscious thought, open the third-eye, and become closer to conscious thought.
– Seventh: Frankincense is used for meditation in the seventh chakra as well, as a way to quiet the mind and be lifted to a higher frequency. Frankincense is also used before meditation in order to purify and cleanse oneself and the surrounding area.
– Physical Resin: Yellow and Brown
– Oil: Yellow
– Etheric: Silver-Gold, Yellow, Blue, and Mauve
Contraindications: When used on the face, it is recommended to dilute first in a carrier oil.
Methods of Usage:
– Neat: Place a drop or two directly onto clean and intact skin. A couple drops on the wrists, shoulders, temples or neck imparts a strong woodsy and honey-like aroma. Note: Helichrysum should not be used undiluted on facial skin, and should only be used undiluted on the skin for fragrance purposes only, as it is too concentrated to be healing when used neat.
– Blended with Carrier: Use 5 drops per 1 TBL of carrier oil such as grapeseed, rosehip, jojoba or hazelnut oils, and massage over any area where you would like for healing to occur.
– Bath: Place 8 drops into 3 handfuls of bath salt and disperse, or add 8 drops to vodka or whole milk and disperse.
– Shower: Soak for at least 3 minutes in steamy shower, then with the water off or turned away from the body, allow 5-7 drops to fall in the palm of the hand and distribute all over wet body (not face). The oil will penetrate very quickly, and the body can be rinsed again, or not.
– Diffusor: Follow diffusor manufacturer’s instructions, but typically add about 8 drops.
– Room Deodorizer: Add 15 drops per 2oz distilled water and spray as desired.